Sunday, December 03, 2006

Bread Factory and Fireflies Watching Family Trip

>>>Flashback>>>

~
Family Outing to Hi-5 Bread Factory and Fireflies Watching
This outing was on 1st of December, Friday. Some of my cousins and aunties from Penang/Johor came to visit my family. They arrived at our house at noon. Well, one thing I learned yesterday was you be nice to a toddler and he/she would stick to you like superglue, unless you treated them badly. I was a half-day babysitter yesterday. With no payment. Venice(3), Vincent(16) and Jason’s(10) sister is a cute and sweet little girl. As I was the oldest girl cousin, it was my job to take care of her while she was here, besides another girl cousin (was her name Jeamie or Jimmy?). There was this emergency in my Dad’s car after we visit the bread factory. It was okay. We each received a loaf of bread. We had 12 loaves of bread altogether. Okay, back to the emergency, which turned out to be disaster.
Venice was at the backseat with me when she told me that she wanted to go ‘xu xu’. I called Dad to stop at the nearest Shell station for toilet. Venice was shaking her legs and jumping up and down already. Since I was still the eldest girl in the car (my aunties and Mum was in another car), I had to hold her tiny hand to the toilet. Apparently, toddlers walked very slow. I’m so afraid that cars would bang into us while we were crossing the road. Venice was so quick pulling off her jeans that I haven’t even close the toilet door. Shit! She doesn’t know how to use the squatting toilet. She wanted to sit on the wet and dirty floor. I shouted ‘NO!’ and stop her just in time. She was near to tears by then. What to do? I had to carry her with my arms, almost dropping her into the toilet bowl. My arms were aching and I kept telling Venice to ‘Quick! Faster! Done already?’ the whole time she was doing ‘business’. Phew, done at last.

After that, we went to eat dinner at Kuala Selangor. We ate crab porridge, tom yam, crab fried noodles and a couple more dishes. Yummy, especially the tom yam. After dinner, Vincent told me that Venice complained that I don’t know how to bring her go toilet. How dare she, that little monster?! I let her slept on my arms and laps for almost 2 hours in the car because of traffic jam. I was in a really awkward position and my body felt numb when I stand on the ground. And she dared to complain?! Man, I really don’t like this whole ‘xu xu’ thing.

But, the fireflies were amazing and fascinating! I’ll never forget those Christmas ornaments like insects on the trees. It wasn’t what I expected, though. I thought fireflies were bigger than flies and their lights are red. But no, their lights are green and they’re tiny. We sat on a boat to watch the fireflies. Four people per boat. It was very dark, the river and the surroundings. The guy rowing our boat told us that the river was about 10 meters deep and there were crocodiles. Scary! I was relieve when we reached the ground again. After the guy announced that they were crocodiles, I kept holding my brother’s sleeve. And, I swear I saw some movement in that river. We were only 7 ‘batu’ from the sea!

That’s all for Friday. I went to Mid Valley today. I did not bought anything, though. I badly want a pair of nice, inky blue jeans and a denim-to-the waist jacket. I saw the jacket but it was priced at RM119.90! Haihz, I looked nice in that.


>>>Catch up later!>>>



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home