Thursday, December 28, 2006

>>>My Christmas in Ipoh and Penang>>>

>>>My Christmas in Ipoh and Penang>>>

>>>Day 1>>> 24th of December, Sunday
Destination : Pasir Putih, Ipoh. (Grandparents’ house)

BRINGGGGGGGGGGG…My alarm went off at 0600. I had to get up. Dad said we’re going to Sungkai, Trolak first before going to Ipoh. You may wonder what business we have there. Well, there’s actually a hot spring and mountain spring park there. So, Dad’s bringing us. The hot spring water was damn hot. Almost burnt my leg! (38°C- 40°C!) Then, we went to the mountain spring. Ah, the water was so refreshing and cold! I liked the mountain spring better than the hot spring. But too bad, my bro made me fall onto a hard stone, I bruised my left wrist and both of my knees.

We continued our journey after having lunch at Bidor. Reached my grandparents’ house at last! They saw my bruises and made a big fuss. Honestly, you’d think I broke my arm or something. If I was to live with them my whole life, I reckon I’d be a spoilt brat. We went out for dinner at the road side stalls. Yeah, my Christmas Eve feast. Dinner was not bad, until it started to rain. We went home and my whole family watched ‘The Ultimate Christmas Present’ that was on Disney.

>>>Day 2>>>25th of December, Monday
Destination : Penang

I woke up at 0745. After showering and all, I had breakfast – Wan Tan Mee. Then, I sat back on the Ford Everest again as Dad drove up towards North to Penang. This time, my grandparents came along. After crossing the Penang bridge, we reached the hospital where my great-grandmother stays. We went to visit her. Honestly, I wouldn’t want to live so long. Maybe until 87. It’s so sad that nobody is capable of taking after her and she lost her memory. All she has to eat everyday is porridge. If I were to live that long, I’ll ask the nurse to put some chilli/tomyam/asam flavour into it.

About 1315, we had lunch at a restaurant with my uncles and aunties in Penang. Then, one of my aunties drove me and my bros to Youth Park to pick up my other cousins from Johor. We had a swim in Grand View condominium (aunt’s place) in the evening. My cousins (Vincent and Jason) were there too. We played horse-back fighting in the pool. Vincent and Jason vs me and my bros. They won. Of course lah, they are heavier than us! Some more Vincent started to hook my leg under the pool to trip me. Ha! I’m so used to that game coz my bros kept doing that to me. Vincent was overconfident that he could make me trip and laughed before I even trip. I dodged that easily, until Jason joined in and they both dragged me down. They made at least 20 attempts to make me trip, but I only trip 5 times! Hahaha! After dinner at KFC, Dad belanja all of us to Haagen Dazs as Christmas treat! Yummy! We had two Fondues! My family and I went back to our hotel (CITITEL) after that.

>>>Day 3 >>>26th of December, Tuesday
Destination : Subang Jaya
Morning came and went, not too long, I was saying bye to my cousins and aunts. Goodbye Penang food! I’ll miss you! We went back to Ipoh first to drop off my grandparents. That will be the last time I will be walking on those floors and the front porch. I look back at the house before climbing into the car, trying to savour every bit of it. My grandparents will be moving to Subang on the 5th of January. No more Ipoh house. But on the bright side, I have 2 houses in Subang. Their house is just a street away from my house. Yeah!

Haih, 2 years ago got Tsunami on the 26th, now have earthquake in Taiwan on the 26th of December again. Freaky!

>>>Catch up later!>>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home